MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Registered or Certified)
Stuart, FL 34994
- Assists in the care of patients as directed.
- Assists with diagnostic and treatment procedures. Performs all duties under direction of Physician /Registered Nurse. Administers medication under the direction of Physician/RN.
- Observes proper techniques, including universal precautions in the performance of duties.
- Inspects patients' records to insure completeness. Checks patients into room obtain and record history, vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, growth curves, as applicable. Prepare and drape patient.
- Assists physician and/or nursing personnel during treatment or minor surgical procedures, when cleaning wounds, setting splints or applying dressings. Monitors patients for reactions.
- Performs patient procedures as directed by Physician, such as bag urine, throat culture, immunizations, injections routes, eye and ear irrigation, laboratory procedures (U/A, strep screen, hemocult) label vials for lab and EKG. Monitors patient for reaction.
- Prepares patients for radiology procedures, dispose of contaminated supplies, restock supplies, linens, equipment and work area as often as required. Checks for defects, malfunctioning equipment, out-of-date materials, notify manager of same.
- Assists in front office duties to include scheduling appointments, insurance verification and certification, handling of telephone calls, patient registration and check out, chart preparation and other routine office tasks.
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training Program and/or registration/certification required or be obtained within 6 months of hire;
- Must have clinical/medical experience including experience administering medications.
- Must test successfully in pre-employment skills testing which may include customer service, medical terminology and medication exams.
- EMR experience preferred.