Stuart, FL 34994
- Assists in the care of patients as directed.
- Assists with diagnostic and treatment procedures. Performs all duties under direction of Physician /Registered Nurse. Administers medication under the direction of Physician/RN.
- Observes proper techniques, including universal precautions in the performance of duties.
- Inspects patients' records to insure completeness. Checks patients into room obtain and record history, vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, growth curves, as applicable. Prepare and drape patient.
- Assists physician and/or nursing personnel during treatment or minor surgical procedures, when cleaning wounds, setting splints or applying dressings. Monitors patients for reactions.
- Performs patient procedures as directed by Physician, such as bag urine, throat culture, immunizations, injections routes, eye and ear irrigation, laboratory procedures (U/A, strep screen, hemocult) label vials for lab and EKG. Monitors patient for reaction.
- Prepares patients for radiology procedures, dispose of contaminated supplies, restock supplies, linens, equipment and work area as often as required. Checks for defects, malfunctioning equipment, out-of-date materials, notify manager of same.
- Assists in front office duties to include scheduling appointments, insurance verification and certification, handling of telephone calls, patient registration and check out, chart preparation and other routine office tasks.
(LPN) To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Current, valid Florida LPN license required -- Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida licensing database;
- Minimum of one year medical/surgical experience or one year experience in medical office environment.
- Must test successfully in pre-employment skills testing which may include customer service, medical terminology and medication exams.
- EMR experience preferred